The automatic payoff module is compact, powerful, and precise. Fine materials such as fine wire, fiber optic strands, glass fiber and silk strands can be unwound from a spool with precise tensile force and tensile stress control using the patented electromagnetic dancer. This is a fully stand alone unit and can be integrated into an existing operation.
Multiple payoff modules can be arranged in a compact frame and Supertek’s own CMC control module can be used for simple installations and the SUMMI control software can be used, as well as other manufacturer’s software via the various data connection ports, for more complex setups.
|ED class unwinder|
|Unwinder of the ED class as a laboratory and table device|
|Unwinder MW class / Multiwinder|
|Multi-winder as unwinder and rewinder for the clean room|
Advantages of Supertek unwinders compared with traditional systems:
- Intelligent, modular units
- Digital specification of parameters, e.g. tensile force
- System can be networked, digital communication
- Rpm, speed, position and tensile force control can be selected
- Highly accurate tensile force control and measurement in one unit
- Digitally adjustable tensile force with high tensile force range at high resolution in mN steps
- Increased quality, gentle, stress-free processing
- Ideally suited to the most delicate wires, fibres, glass fibre and other delicate wound materials
- Reproducible, digitally documentable tensile force control (track and traceability for consistent traceability of the line tensile force or speed)
- Fully electronic system (no pneumatics or compressed air)
- Process-dependent adjustment of the tensile force possible at any time
- Suitable for dynamic processes
- Easy to integrate into existing and new machines
- Speed measurement
- Crack detection
- Short payback period
- Increased quality
Can be uses as an unwinder, uncoiler, dispenser, outlets, shaft winder, reel, unreeler, multiple unwinder and can be used in annealing furnaces, dyeing plants, measuring devices, stranding machines, laboratory equipment, rewinding machines, winding machines etc.
Capstan Tension Systems
Capstans are used to isolate the tensile force and can also be used to specify the line speed or the tensile stress.
For example, if wire or solder has to be drawn out of a drum, a capstan with a connected dancer can be used as an active, tensile force-controlled capstan and thus replaces the role of a spool-driven, tensile force-controlled unwinder. Capstans are also suitable for withdrawing wires or fibres.
Supertek supplies different capstans for this with highly accurate speed or tensile force controls.